Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default Htc incredible S dosen't recieve sms when it should

    Hello i'm having some problems with my HTC Incredible S. I have the newest software update. My problem is that if i for example if a friend of mine sends me a message at 21.00 then i get it at 21.20 (different from time to time) and in the text message it says that i got it 21.00 but really i got it 21.20. So the thing is that i get my text messages slow. I have tried to reset my phone to factory default but diden't work.

    Any Ideas?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    i seriously think that is not ur phone issue but the network problem...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    hey ahoybakk...well this is a very common problem...

    the main thing is that your software doesnt have a problem but i think there is some problem in your network....for this query the right thing to do is to talk to your network service provider and then may be they can check at their end...

    hope it works for you!!!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I have just bought an Incredible S on Orange. I have exactly the same problem with late delivery of messages. tried the sim in an old nokia 5530 and instant receipt of messages. Just got my wife a Desire S on Orange and its instant as well so it looks like the phone to me. i have spent a lot of time searching on internet today and Orange isn't loved very much so confused on what to do now.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I have been having the same problem since I downloaded the lastest software last week. I called Orange today and they told me they would send me the latest text software update. However it does not seem to have fixed the problem. It does seem to just be Orange looking at the replys on here and I cant see how the phone software could effect this. Does seem to much of a coincidence though to be happening right after a phone update as it was working fine until then.

    Not every text comes though delayed either. some are instant. so its really difficult to test.

    Can we get an answer on this thread from a mod please?

    SetoN

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    OK - something I have had a bit of success with.

    1) Go settings > wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network operators.

    Now select a different provider than what you are normally on. Signal will be lost. Turn off phone. Turn back on.

    repeat process 1).

    This time select the joint Orange T-mobile or Just orange if you dont have that option.

    Turn phone back off and on again.

    Should start working correctly and smoothly within 12 hours.

    SetoN

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Hey guys,

    Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile networks > Network Mode.

    It will be on GSM / WCDMA auto.

    Change it to GSM only.

    My HTC Incredible S gets full bars of reception ever since and no delay in receiving text.

    Hope this helps :-)

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SetoN View Post
    OK - something I have had a bit of success with.

    1) Go settings > wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network operators.

    Now select a different provider than what you are normally on. Signal will be lost. Turn off phone. Turn back on.

    repeat process 1).

    This time select the joint Orange T-mobile or Just orange if you dont have that option.

    Turn phone back off and on again.

    Should start working correctly and smoothly within 12 hours.

    SetoN




    this worked for me but you get signal drop using the tmobile/orange signal.
    why htc havent noticed this problem amazes me

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasjeev7 View Post
    Hey guys,

    Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile networks > Network Mode.

    It will be on GSM / WCDMA auto.

    Change it to GSM only.

    My HTC Incredible S gets full bars of reception ever since and no delay in receiving text.

    Hope this helps :-)
    I joined this forum just to thank you for this solution. I bought my IS a month back and heard people cursing me that they were unable to reach me and delayed messages. Thanks to your post, my problem is solved.

    Thanks Again
    --
    Venket,

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venket77 View Post
    I joined this forum just to thank you for this solution. I bought my IS a month back and heard people cursing me that they were unable to reach me and delayed messages. Thanks to your post, my problem is solved.

    Thanks Again
    --
    Venket,
    yea its work thanx dude.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •